What's With All Those 13's Around Town?
Jan 30, 2015 09:59AM
● Published by Gene Kirschbaum
Have you seen all those 13's around town? What's with that?
Answer: It's the anti-sex trafficking symbol used by the 5-Stones Organization. Here are some of the sordid details:
1. The average age at which a boy or girl is trafficked is 13.
2. The largest trafficking venue in the U.S. is the Superbowl.
3. There have been documented cases in every county in Wis.
4. Globally, trafficking is 2nd only to the drug industry, at $32 billion annually, with 27 million people trafficked each year.
5. Sex trafficking is the fastest growing criminal industry in the world.
6. "5-Stones" is a reference to young David beating the Giant (Goliath) of Sex Trafficking.
7. If you look closely, you can see our young Beaver Warrior is ready to take on the Giant with a slingshot of her own.