It's a Wonderful Life on Main Street
Nov 22, 2016 11:16AM ● Published by Jim
Gallery: Cookie [1 Image] Click any image to expand.
Everyone is invited to participate in "It's a Wonderful Life on Main Street" on Saturday, December 3. Events begin at 9:00 a.m.
and continues throughout the day into the evening climaxing with a parade and fireworks on Main Street. Mayville will be ushering in the holidays with many fun activities for all ages!
New this year is the Sidewalk Chili Contest which is open to anyone who would like to share their cooking prowess with the public. Those wishing to enter the contest must signup at the Main Street Mayville office by December 1. There is no fee to participate as a contestant. The rules are simple. All ingredients must be prepped, prepared, and cooked on Main Street and cooks must provide their own tables, cookware and food. Set up
may begin as early as 8:00 a.m. The judging will take place at 3:00 p.m. After the judging, those that wish to, may purchase a bowl of chili for $1 with proceeds being donated to Main Street Mayville, Inc. Winner of the chili cook off receives a party on Main Street for themselves and their friends.
Another new event is a photography contest for yount adults ages 12 to 20 years old. All photos must be taken on Saturday, December 3 in the Main Street District of Mayville. Photos are asked to be submitted on disc or through email by Monday, December 5. The winning prize includes an iTunes gift card.
Other activities include::
* Holiday craft fair sponsored by the Ladies Auxiliary at the Mayville American Legion from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
* Live MHS vocal performance at NOLA North Grille at 2:30 p.m.
* Downtown carolers following the vocal performance prior to the parade.
* Sidewalk fires and s'mores from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
* Cookie walk and crafts at Gateway Community Church from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
* Pictures with Santa and crafts at the Ruedebusch Beauty Boutique from 3:00-4:45 p.m. and 6:00-7:00 p.m.
* Face painting at Open Door from 3:00-5:00 p.m.
* Movie at Eclipse Audio & Video 3:00 p.m.
* Fairytale princess meet and greet at Mayville Savings Bank from 3:00-4:30 p.m.
* Parade down Main Street begins at 5:00 p.m. featuring a live "FROZEN" performance with horses!
* Fireworks at Foster Park following the parade.
* Live music featuring the Smooth Groove Band at the Open Door Coffeehouse from 6:00-9:00 p.m.
Children are encouraged to drop off their letters to Santa at the Mayville Post Office or bring them to the parade. Helpers from the Mayville Post
Office will be collecting them so that Santa can get a return letter to the children before Christmas. For your shopping and dining pleasure, businesses will be featuring specials and discounts on retail items, food, and beverages.
Unless noted, all events are free to the public. For more event details find Main Street Mayville on Facebook or call Trina at 920-387-1167 or email her at email@example.com.
Mayville is located on the historic Rock River in southeast Wisconsin and is the “Gateway to the Horicon Marsh”, the largest, freshwater, cattail marsh in the United States. Your guide to fall’s best tastes and fun adventures awaits in Dodge County.