Building caring relationships is at the heart of what we do at Columbus Community Hospital. Listening to the wants and needs of our patients is a key part of these relationships as we strive to offer new and innovative services to the communities we serve. It is because of feedback from our patients that we are excited to announce the opening of the Prairie Ridge Center for Orthopedic Excellence.
The Center was developed for people with painful hip or knee injuries or chronic medical conditions like arthritis. It is different from traditional orthopedic care because it’s an advanced total joint replacement program designed to relieve pain, restore independence and return patients to work and other activities as quickly as possible.
A team-supported system of care, Prairie Ridge Center for Orthopedic Excellence emphasizes wellness and provides improved outcomes and satisfaction levels compared to traditional orthopedic approaches. Here are some of the unique features of the program:
· Most patients are able to walk the first day after surgery and leave the hospital two days after surgery.
· In addition to experienced physicians and a dedicated care team, the program includes a Care
· Coordinator who oversees a patient’s entire course of treatment. The Care Coordinator for the
Center is Erin Hills, APNP.
· Patients are involved in their treatment through each step of the program and are given the necessary information—including a user-friendly Guidebook—to promote a more successful outcome.
· Patients wear casual clothes instead of traditional gowns, enjoy a private room and have their family and friends participate as coaches in the recovery process.
· Unlike a standard hospital stay, patient recovery is enhanced in group activities with other total joint replacement patients like themselves.
Gaining access to the Center is simple. After meeting with Dr. Robert Coe, Orthopedic Surgeon, in either the Beaver Dam or Columbus Prairie Ridge Health Clinic location, patients needing a hip or knee replacement are scheduled for surgery and are automatically enrolled in the Center. After surgery, patients will recover in a dedicated unit on the third floor of Columbus Community Hospital. The Prairie Ridge Center for Orthopedic Excellence accepts more than 50 insurance plans, including Dean Health Plan, Physicians Plus, Unity, WPS, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Employer’s Health, The Alliance and WEA.
If you are ready to get back to doing the things you enjoy, call Dr. Coe at 920-623-1200 (Columbus) or 920-356-1000 to schedule an appointment today.