October 12th 2018 – 6PM – 9PM – Capitol Square Madison
This Friday night bash will take place on the capitol square in downtown Madison. Explore dozens of venues at your own pace.
Museums, pubs, restaurants, stores and more will host #WiSciFestevents, including informal science talks or demonstrations, tastings, stargazing, hands-on activities and more. Look for the festive lights and balloons to find science fest events.
Don’t miss Beesly, the science festival mascot, at the Pollination Promenade starting at 7:30 p.m. at the Madison Children’s Museum. And, be sure to hop on the Improv-Science Trolley to get around to the different venues and perhaps even share a few laughs with some unscripted scientist interviews! There will even be science art decorating the sidewalks created by local artists.
Venues and activities include:
– Madison Children’s Museum (event headquarters): Free family night
– Square Wine Company: Pet nat party – a global tasting of seven different “pet nats” (6-8 p.m.)
– Fromagination Artisan Cheeses and Perfect Companions: Cheese flavor – the art and science
– Colectivo Coffee: Express science
– Wisconsin Historical Museum: Flavor of Wisconsin (5-9 p.m.)
– Madison Gas and Electric: Test your energy knowledge
– Madison Museum of Contemporary Art: Create art with science
– Brocach Irish Pub & Whiskey Den: Stouts and sounds – electronic music paired with a perfect pint of Guinness
– WESLI: Hello, world!
– The Camera Company: Peering into the microcosmos
– Clary’s Popcorn: Pop to the top
– Improv-Science Trolley with University of Wisconsin-Madison scientists and engineers
– Robot Petting Zoo (weather permitting)
– Pollination Promenade (7:30 p.m.)
– SciArt on the Square: Science art by local artists and live chalk drawing
– Boulders Climbing Gym (weather permitting): The science of rock climbing
Madison Gas and Electric electric vehicles will be on display at the intersection of State Street and the inner square. Downtown Visitor Information provided by Downtown Madison Central Business Improvement District.